Your acceptance of these Privacy Statement terms
What data do we collect and how do we use it?
b.lay collects and processes information about you in order to:
- Identify you each time you visit a Web Site or wish to have a Service provided;
- Improve our Services and Web Sites;
- Customize your experience, for example, provide advertisements we think are relevant to you and which support any specific requests for information you may make through keyword searches;
- Carry out research on the demographics, interests and behavior of all of our customers; and
- send you information b.lay thinks you might find useful, including information about b.lay products and services.
- You may be asked, either when you register with b.lay, or at other times, for information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number. You may also be asked to share with b.lay your interests, business requirements and preferences. You are under no obligation to provide this information, but if you don’t then we may not be able to provide you with certain services or personalize your experience and tailor our Services for you (for example, tell you about special offers on things you’re interested in).
Log files/IP addresses
When you visit our Web Sites, they automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognized by our web server. We use IP addresses to help administer our Web Sites and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on their Web Sites. They may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party sites from which it is possible to link to their Web Sites with information relating to the number of users linking to b.lay Web Sites from their sites. You cannot be identified from this information.
Cookies are pieces of information that a Web Site transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a Web Site if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify customers or passwords. Credit card information is not stored in cookies.
- To identify who you are and to access your account information;
- To estimate our audience size and patterns;
- To ensure that you are not asked to register twice;
- To control how often visitors see similar ads;
- To track preferences and to improve and update our Web Site; and
- To track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests.
With whom is the information shared?
We will not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to third party suppliers who provide services on our behalf. b.lay may disclose aggregate statistics about our sales, the Web Site visitors and customers of our telephone services in order to describe b.lay services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will not include personally identifying information. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if it is believed that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of b.lay and our Web Sites, visitors to the Web Sites and customers of our Services.
b.lay Web Sites can contain links to the sites of third parties. When you visit these sites, we suggest that you read their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We will only sell or rent your personal information to a third party either as part of a sale of the assets of a b.lay company or having ensured that steps have been taken to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Information about products and services
It is very important to b.lay that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to help us do this, from time to time b.lay companies may send you details of their products and services which they think may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to receive these details, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
We place a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of customer data under b.lay’s control. For example, b.lay security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
Where is the information stored?
Information that you submit via our Web Sites or telephone services is stored on a computer located in the European Economic Area. This is necessary in order to process the information and to send you any information you have requested. b.lay may transfer information submitted by you to our other offices and to reputable third party suppliers, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area. Not all countries outside the EEA have data protection or privacy laws. In addition, if you use b.lay Services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those Services.